More 1-2-3 Magic
In addition to controlling difficult behavior, parents need to know how to encourage good behavior so they can enjoy their children and relate to them with warmth and affection. In More 1-2-3 Magic, Dr. Phelan explains how to get your children to do the good things you want them to do, such as getting up and out in the morning, eating, going to bed, and picking up after themselves. You will also learn practical, down-to-earth strategies for encouraging your children’s growing independence and for promoting healthy self-esteem.
More 1-2-3 Magic covers:
- Three parental qualities that foster competence in kids
- How to encourage and respect your child’s growing independence
- Ten strategies for building self-esteem
- Getting up and out in the morning
- How to get your kids to pick up after themselves
- How to make mealtimes more enjoyable
- Avoiding homework battles
- How to get your kids to go to bed - and stay there!
- Family meetings