Real Estate Clerk I
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr ($16.00/hr at the end of a successful probationary period)
Department: Real Estate
Probationary Period: 365 Days
Classified or Unclassified: Unclassified
Exempt or Nonexempt: Non-exempt
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, M-F
Supervised By: Real Estate Supervisor
Nature of Work: Performs functions related to real property and manufactured homes within the auditor’s office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs intake, review, and execution of manufactured home transfers and the conversion of manufactured homes to real property.
- Reviews tax exemption applications and forwards them to the state of Ohio for approval.
- Performs intake, review, and execution of destroyed property applications for real property and manufactured homes.
- Intakes and processes building permits for new construction.
- Serves as back up for all real estate related applications such as those for homestead exemptions and owner occupancy credit.
- Acts as back up to deeds clerk by performing intake of deed documents, deeds research, and the execution of deed transfers as necessary.
- Serves as back up for all functions in the real estate department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the organization and supervision of real estate records.
- Responsible for the organization and transfer of all records for the Auditor’s office in compliance with the records retention policy.
- Issue and renew dog licenses, kennel licenses, dangerous dog licenses, and replacement licenses.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor, appointing authority or designee.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and work experience, which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to successfully perform the primary duties of the position.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Requires advanced arithmetic skills.
- Requires knowledge of basic real estate information.
- This is an unclassified, hourly position. Successful applicant must accept the position as such.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- Criminal background check.
- Credential check.
- Proof of insurance for privately owned vehicle (POV).
- Occasional travel using POV.
Introductory Period: 12 months
Job Location and Conditions:
- Hours vary based on business needs.
- Requires occasional work at outside locations throughout the County as well as travel outside the County and some overnight travel.
- May be assigned to report at a different time and location and to perform different duties as necessary.
- May be required to work during emergency conditions.
- Duties are performed primarily in an office setting.
- Performs work safely in accordance with established policies.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to guide and/or give such instructions.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and make sound decisions independently in accordance with established policies and procedures or using logic and experience when necessary.
- Speaking/Talking: Must have the ability to communicate effectively with county, state, and federal officials; communicate with the general public; communicate with vendors, supervisors, and other employees.
- Presentation: Must have the ability to design, prepare and conduct formal briefings, presentations and/or training.
- Strength: Must have the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Climbing: Climbing steps and/or ladders may be required.
- Standing, sitting, walking, running: Must have the ability to stand for extended periods, occasionally walk, sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to walk on flat terrain and climb stairs. Running is not an essential function of this position.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling: Must have the ability to bend forward or down from the middle of the waist or middle of the back, to bend downward, to bend at the knees and lower oneself to a crouching position, to lower oneself and/or move freely on hands and knees.
- Reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling: Must have the ability to frequently stretch out, extend, or put forth a body part; to touch or grasp something by extending or stretching; to touch, lift, hold or operate with hands.
- Seeing: Must have the ability to perceive or comprehend by the sense of sight. Necessary characteristics include focus (distinctness or clarity).
- Driving: Position requires the ability to drive. Occasional travel is required and may require the use of incumbent’s personally owned vehicle (POV). Proof of insurance for POV is also required.
To apply for this position, please e-mail resume and cover letter to Terence Habermehl, Auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume should include three references including phone and e-mail contact information.