Scale House Operator
JOB SUMMARY: The Scale House Operator reports directly to the Administration Manager and is responsible for working extensively with customers to weigh trucks, obtain grain samples and perform product specific testing on all grain. A position that also assists with clerical duties, such as filing, as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Note: The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive, and may be supplemented as necessary.)
- Accurately and efficiently load, grade and weigh inbound and outbound grain shipments while maintaining accurate records and completing appropriate documentation. Professionally communicate with truck drivers by asking the right questions to validate information in the computer system about the load, determine next steps and provide further direction.
- Responsible for testing inbound/outbound grain for Test Weight and Moisture with moisture meter, checking for foreign material using gram scale, checking for damage, and properly recording data regarding the samples into the computer system.
- Maintain a safe working environment and promote safety amongst customers and employees.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors. Exhibit a professional image and maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Keep the area around the scale house clean and presentable at all times.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands. This could include weekends, seasonal hours, holidays, on-call, and overtime if needed.
- Assist with clerical duties, such as filing and answering phones, as needed.
- Assist customers and/or employees as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: All employees of Premier Solutions are responsible for working toward the corporate mission and all quality goals of the organization. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
TIME ALLOTMENT TO WORK OBJECTS AND EQUIPMENT: HOURS PER DAY
- Computer/Printer and other miscellaneous office equipment 8+
- Telephone: As needed
- Copier: As needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: HOURS PER DAY
Mental/Visual (mind/eye/hand coordination): 8+
Stooping, kneeling, reaching: 8+
Ability to work in dust/adverse weather conditions: 8+
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent is required. 2-5 years related experience and/or training preferred, but not a must. Manufacturing environment, agriculture experience and grain grading experience is preferred.
SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written communication, and computer skills (including Office 365- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) are required, Agtech Weigh software experience preferred. Ability to multitask, demonstrate initiative to work independently while able to work in a team setting as needed, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or electronic form. Must be a self-motivator, willingness to comply with company, state, and federal safety regulations, able to relate to customers, excellent attendance record, able to work additional hours as needed (during weekends, holidays, harvest etc.) and have ability to work in dust/adverse weather conditions. An outgoing personality is a plus.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Must have a valid driver’s license. ODA tester permit and Ohio Department of Agriculture Grain Grading License is preferred.
We provide equal opportunities for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities