Wean-Finish Barn Operator
JOB SUMMARY: The Wean to Finish Barn Operator is responsible for the oversight and performance of a designated wean to finish swine production barn. This includes all aspects of animal care, facility repair and maintenance needed at the site. All barns are shower in shower out facilities. This job will require you to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Note: The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive, and may be supplemented as necessary.)
1. Ability to sort weans directly from the sow farm which will include picking up the pigs.
2. Loading pigs onto a truck at all ages and sizes from wean to market weight.
3. Must be comfortable around animals and walk the pens daily to check water and feed.
4. Manage feed and inventory of all supplies at farm locations.
5. Ensure the implementation of the animal well-being policies at Premier Solutions.
6. Ability to complete simple tasks, work alone and still be held accountable, work in a team environment, and the insight to notify proper management if issues arise.
7. Power washing and disinfecting the barns after any movement in or out of the barn in all weather conditions, and facilitate repair and maintenance needed at the site.
8. Record data and maintain current and accurate information of farm performance timely and in an organized fashion.
9. Understand changing environmental needs and ensure environmental controls are set up appropriately.
10. Identify and respond to health, environmental and nutritional requirements of pigs and when appropriate, assist a producer or contractor in the identification and treatment of pigs in need.
11. Must not be in or have any contact with any other hogs.
12. Travel to and assist at other barns, and attend company meetings at other locations as assigned.
13. On call 24/7 for alarms at the barn.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: All employees of Premier Solutions are responsible for working toward the corporate mission and all quality goals of the organization. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
TIME ALLOTMENT TO WORK OBJECTS AND EQUIPMENT: HOURS PER DAY
Power Washer: As Needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: HOURS PER DAY
Standing/walking: 6 to 8 hours
Loading pigs from wean to market (weight varies from 15-300 lbs.): As needed
Picking up the wean pigs: As needed
Ability to work in adverse weather conditions: Full shift/Seasonal
Climbing (30’) bins: As needed
Driving (must have dependable transportation): As needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or equivalent (GED), required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture a plus. Agriculture experience preferred.
SKILLS: Team player with excellent organizational skills required. Must have the ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment, and be a self- motivator.
We provide equal opportunities for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities