Job Title: Infant/Toddler Teacher
Employment Type: Full Time with benefits
Job Description: Responsible for the successful implementation of the program, to ensure that the children are prepared for preschool success. Provide instruction in a safe and healthy learning environment for the children. Encourage parental involvement in all aspects of the program.
- Possess knowledge of Performance Standards, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Licensing Regulations, Ohio’s Infant and Toddler Guidelines, and Service Plans
- Responsible for performing any job duty requested in order to remain in compliance with Federal Performance Standards, Step Up To Quality, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Licensing Regulations, and Service Plans
- Responsible for ensuring that the classroom meets all Federal Performance Standards, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Licensing Regulations and the Clinton County Health Department Regulations
- Maintains personal accountability for adhering to all guidelines and policies instituted by the Board, Policy Council, Executive Director, and Director of Early Childhood Programs.
- Responsible for implementing the Creative Curriculum for Infants and Toddlers, and Ohio Infant and Toddler Guidelines
- Manages the classroom to ensure a productive, cooperative, and safe environment for infants and toddlers.
- Responsible for setting up classroom environment, which is safe, clean and developmentally appropriate for children, inclusive of children with special needs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing individualized learning experiences for infants and toddlers.
- Responsible for screening, assessing, and completing required paperwork for all children.
- Attends Evaluation Team meetings for children with special needs.
- Must be able to participate in all physical activities with the children, including lifting, stooping and running, etc
- Must always secure the safety of children.
- Manages effective transitions to and from the classroom.
- Develops individual plans for all children in the classroom and assists with development of Child Service Plans and IFSPs for those children with special needs.
- Responsible for making appropriate referrals and alerting team members.
- Reports all cases of communicable diseases and suspected child abuse and neglect to the site manager immediately.
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid State of Ohio Driver’s License
- Must be insurable.
- Must have the ability to travel when necessary for conferences and meetings.
- Must be willing to obtain further training.
- Arrives on time, ready to work.
- Follows program philosophy, policies, and standard practices of the program.
- Follows directions from the supervisor.
- Maintains a willing spirit and positive attitude.
- Works as a team player
- Maintains confidentiality of information on staff and clients.
- Remains open-minded to new ideas for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates professionalism through dress, interactions, and job-related responsibilities.
- Implements new knowledge gained through professional development.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with other staff, families and children.
- Demonstrates initiative in the development of ideas to improve services for children and families.
Business Name: Clinton County Community Action Program, Inc.
Business Address: 789 N Nelson Ave, Wilmington
Contact Name: Clarissa Wall/Parker
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send Resume to: Clarissa Wall/Parker at email@example.com or visit https://www.indeed.com/job/infanttoddler-teacher-ed374b8a54258195