Job Title: Mathematics Faculty
Job Description: Engage students in the teaching/learning process for a variety of Mathematics courses (e.g. basic math, beginning algebra through post-calculus, and statistics); works assigned schedule; and participates in college committee work.
Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform to expected performance standards. Reasonable accommodations are made as required for persons who are disabled under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
• Plan and teach courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
• Remain current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
• Post office hours reflective of student need and file with administrative support personnel each term.
• Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
• Communicate progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
• Comply with the policies, procedures, and standards found in the Southern State Community College Policy and Information Manual.
• Determine and submit students’ grades and attendance in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and supports adjunct faculty development.
• Participate in professional development activities hosted by the College or other entities as necessary.
• Become familiar with the College’s ‘Emergency Crisis Response Plan,’ and follow the campus’ protocol for drills and emergency situations.
• Support the mission of the program, division, and College.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and punctual attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands.
Requirements: An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• An example of an acceptable qualification is: Master’s of Science Degree in Applied Math, Mathematics or Statistics.
• Preferred candidates will have at least one year of experience teaching college level Mathematics courses and interest or experience in distance learning delivery methods.
• Applicant must successfully pass required background checks in accordance with Southern State Community College’s policies and procedures and applicable laws.
• Ability to document identity and employment eligibility as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
• Knowledge, Skill(s) and Ability to: effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations; proficient in word processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail; demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students; effective verbal, written , and listening communication skills; effective problem solving skills; ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules; maintain confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information; create and implement appropriate and educational lesson plans; apply generally accepted teaching methods to practical work situations; apply ethical standards to work situations; make work decisions in accordance with SSCC’s values; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, and promote an harassment-free environment; embrace and support constructive change; develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, members of the learning community, and general public; contribute toward building a positive team working environment; treat others with respect as representative of SSCC.
Physical demands: The following physical demands are typically used to perform this job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They are not qualification standards, rather they may be used to help the College, employee, or applicant identify where and how reasonable accommodations may be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties due to an ADA disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly sits for extended periods of time and regularly stands and walks. The employee regularly exhibits manual dexterity when working on the computer, typing and performing other related tasks. The employee regularly reaches with hands and arms, stoops, kneels and crouches. The employee regularly talks and hears when teaching or working with students and the general public. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision, with the ability to adjust focus when typing or reading a computer screen. The employee occasionally lifts or exerts force on objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Business Name: Southern State Community College (Highland County Campus)
Business Address: 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Contact Name: Kate Honeycutt - Coordinator of Employee Recruitment and Onboarding
Contact Phone: 937-393-3431 Ext. 2565
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Type: Full time
Southern State is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.