Job Title: Packaging Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
The Packaging Specialist is responsible for developing industrial solutions to customers by designing packaging and similar products that meet their specifications. Coordinates customer needs and expectations with the plant’s sales and manufacturing operations consistent with cost, profit, and productivity objectives. Has the ability to design and build product samples.
Works under general direction of the Sales Manager/GMO; exercises discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis; and a wide degree of creativity is expected.
Requires standing and walking for at least 50% of the time; talking, hearing and seeing are essential duties of the job; sitting at a desk for long periods of time are also required. Traveling is required.
- Communicates with customers, vendors and co-workers to develop long term working relationships.
- Based on customer needs, designs industrial packaging suitable for the purpose intended. Offers alternative designs of existing packaging and materials solutions.
- Develops drawings and prints that meet customer requirements. Prints are used in the manufacturing of the industrial products
- Monitors quality of products being produced to ensure they meet customer expectations while maintaining acceptable margins.
- Performs administrative functions as required (i.e., sales order entry, inventory control and customer maintenance.)
- Costs products, develops bills of materials and ensures that appropriate information is entered into the system and maintained.
- Assists in the new product development process.
- Assist in forecasting inventory requirements within area of responsibility.
- Assists the production team to develop efficiency standards.
- Monitors the established efficiencies and quality standards, and assists in corrective action as required.
- Monitors output, cuts/yields, and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required within area of responsibility.
- Assists developing source contacts and relationships for industrial use raw materials in cooperation with the Purchasing department.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent experience is required.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations; minimum 2 years experience in a lumber/panel manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of panel and lumber grades, etc.
- Working knowledge of lumber math and business math
- Full understanding of cuts and yields
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel/spreadsheets is required; working knowledge of drawing/design software (Autocad/Solidworks) is preferred.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of UFP’s organization and product lines
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels, customers and the public.
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to recognize value in various products and be able to utilize them in the manufacturing of new products.
- Ability to design and create computer generated prints for production and to use them in sales presentations.
- Ability to physically make product samples based on design (should receive safety training related to the equipment and machine to be used in making product samples.)
- Requires superior analytical, problem solving and engineering skills/aptitude.
- Ability to review actual performance to plan, identify trends and implement profit generating solutions.
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans, goals and budgets.
- Ability to be mobile in the work environment, travel as required.
- Ability to use a computer, and proficiency in the use of MS Office and other business related software.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills, and good listener and communicator
- Process oriented
- Eagerness to learn
- Be a team player and support the Company’s goals
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
“UFP Industries and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”
Business Name: UFP Blanchester, LLC
Business Address: 940 Cherry Street, Blanchester, OH 45107
Contact Name: Stephanie Terry
Contact Phone: 937-783-2443
Contact Email: email@example.com