Job Title: Electrician Assistant
Employment Type: Full time
Job Description: Wilmington College is seeking candidates for an Electrician Assistant in our Physical Plant group on the main campus. This is a full time, non-exempt position.
The Electrician Assistant maintains electrical systems and equipment on campus along with general repairs and maintenance including HVAC. Responsibilities include:
- Performs electrical maintenance duties, completing job orders and making repairs campus wide on a prioritized basis.
- Assists in troubleshooting, repair, installation, and preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment.
- Purchases and maintains inventory of electrical supplies and equipment to meet most campus electrical needs, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Calls vendors for price quotes to obtain best price, evaluating quality, delivery time and price.
- Assists as needed in other areas of maintenance, including carpentry.
- Cleans and organizes work area and observes rules of safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Two years of electrical and other general maintenance (including HVAC) experience
- Strong knowledge base for electrical maintenance duties
- Willingness to perform all types of basic repairs and projects including snow removal as part of the maintenance team
- Ability to lift over 65 pounds, climb ladders, work on roofs and to work in small enclosed spaces
Business Name: Wilmington College
Business Address: 1870 Quaker Way Wilmington, OH 45177
Contact Name: Libby Hayes - Director of Human Resources
Contact Phone: 937-481-2282
Contact Email: email@example.com
Interested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume unless otherwise indicated in the position information below. Please specify position of interest in the letter of application and subject line of email (if submitting electronically). For positions requiring degrees, unofficial transcripts of college work are helpful. Submit materials to the Director of Human Resources, Wilmington College, Pyle Center 1187, 1870 Quaker Way, Wilmington, OH 45177-2499 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow instructions in the position information below.
Wilmington College is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate unlawfully in employment matters on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, ancestry, national origin, age, disability or any other category protected by law. EOE
Wilmington College conducts background investigations including criminal, work history and credential confirmation on all employees as a condition of continued employment. Some positions may require additional motor vehicle record review and drug screening.