MAINTENANCE WORKER I
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
OPTIONS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
1) Contact Jeff Williams @ 937-382-5665
2) Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Complete the online application at https://co.clinton.oh.us/Application-for-Employment
5) Applications available to pick up and/or submit - Human Resources; 180 E. Sugartree St.; Wilmington, OH 45177
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I
Position Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Full-Time/40 hours per week
Part-Time candidates also considered
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (hourly)
Clinton County is seeking applicants for the position of Maintenance Worker 1. The full time position is eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits as well as Ohio Public Employee Retirement (OPERS) and paid time off benefits.
Job Summary: To perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of County facilities, buildings, grounds, etc. This position will be an on call 24/7 position as scheduled with the department head.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Previous experience in maintenance or construction related duties; or any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
- Ability to recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate actions
- Ability to work independently and with co-workers as assigned
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Self-motivated, dependable, and positive attitude
- Perform repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various county sites including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, masonry, painting, other duties assigned, etc.
- Repairing items such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, carpets, roofs, etc.
- Performing repairs and troubleshooting items as needed.
- Performing/repairing HVAC issues, changing filters, belts, etc.
- Performing scheduled PM’s on equipment.
- Servicing appliances, emergency equipment such as fire alarms, building security systems, also testing and inspecting UPS systems and generators.
- Moving and assisting in moving of offices, furniture, records, equipment, etc.
- Setting up and breaking down cubicles, desk, and other furniture as needed.
- Page 2
- Activating/deactivating alarms, responding to alarms, and maintenance calls during and after hours.
- Read wiring diagrams on equipment and building blue prints.
- Operating various equipment such as: mowers weed trimmers, tractors, snow blowers, bucket lifts, etc.
- Operating various hand implements such as: ladders, power tools, etc.
- Grass mowing, snow/ice removal, salt spreading, sweeping, trash/debris clean up, planting trees/shrubs, trimming trees/shrubs etc.
- Being able to use a computer to document data, inventory, work orders, etc.
- All duties to complete assigned maintenance issues etc.
- Able to lift 80 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Able to move different types of furniture and objects from one place to another
- Will be required to carry a cell phone during working hours and as scheduled
- Pickup trucks, trailers, dump trucks, tractors, skid steer, bucket trucks, man lifts, power tools, mowers, trimmers, etc.
This job description is not to be all inclusive and may be changed at any time with or without notice. It is not a contract of employment, express or implied. Job responsibilities may include other responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor, department head, elected official.
Clinton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.