Distribution Assistant - PRN
Job Title: Distribution Assistant - PRN
Employment Type: Part Time
Job Description: Under the direction of the Manager, Materials and Supply Chain maintains and provides sterile and non-sterile supplies to patient and non-patient care. This also includes 10 physician practices. Distributes supplies to end-user departments. Conducts daily PAR inventory of assigned PAR locations. Maintains the storeroom in a clean and sanitary condition. Conducts monthly cycle count of supplies in the main storeroom. Inputs patient charges into Series daily.
• Stores sterile and non-sterile medical/surgical supplies in designated areas daily.
• Conducts daily PAR inventory of assigned PAR locations.
• Replenishes supplies in assigned areas IAW approved PAR.
• Provides supplies as specified for each department by daily replenishment, requisition request, telephone request, voice messages received on department telephone, and personal request.
• Answers telephones, takes messages, deliver supplies as requested.
• Ensures all supplies have been charged for according to charge compendium using the computer; this includes patient charges into Series.
• Periodically takes physical count of stock on hand and verifies count with inventory control totals three times per month.
• Reports all deficiencies identified during physical so inventory adjustments can be made to prevent stock outs.
• Inventories supplies received by Shipping/Receiving Assistant and submit Delivery Document to update inventory.
• Puts received supplies in its appropriate bin location.
• Delivers supplies to various departments throughout the facility.
• Alerts Purchasing of supply shortages or frequently used items.
• Ensures proper handling and delivery of medical/surgical and office supplies and medical equipment.
• Maintains department Pick Ticket on file IAW CMH Record Management Policy and Procedure.
• Maintains storeroom in an orderly manner.
• Participates in continuing in-service education programs pertaining to functions of the department. Attends monthly department meetings.
• Performs all other duties as requested or required by the Materials and Supply Chain Manager.
• Cross trains in the following areas: Shipping/Receiving, Mailroom and OR storeroom.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Six to nine months on-the-job training to be proficient in all phases of assigned duties. Work experience in a hospital/medical type setting helpful.
Skills: Must have demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding customer service. Must have strong written, oral and analytical skills. Must have strong computer skills and be able to work in a team environment. Must work independently with minimal direction. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an environment where interruption may be frequent. Attention-to-detail and accuracy is extremely
Physical demands: 100% 0f work is performing standing, frequently lifts and pushes equipment, and stoops and bends when storing or removing supplies from shelves. Visual acuity is required to read any written requests or orders for supplies and/or equipment. Manual dexterity is used to operate and handle equipment and supplies. Work is in a well-lit, temperature controlled work area the majority of the time. May be exposed to ethylene oxide (ETO), dust and dirt when handling merchandise.
Business Name: Clinton Memorial Hospital
Business Address: 610 W. Main St. Wilmington, OH 45177
Contact Name: Deronda Kite
Contact Phone: 937-382-9265
Contact Email: email@example.com