EVS Assistant / Housekeeping
Job Title: EVS Assistant / Housekeeping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Description: Performs a variety of Environmental Service / Linen duties throughout the facility to insure proper cleanliness, sanitation, linen distribution and infection control conditions are met in accordance with policies and procedures. Required to assist during Codes and other emergencies.
- Removes various types of trash, infectious waste and pharmaceuticals according to established procedures.
- Performs various types of daily care and maintenance care to carpet and hard surface flooring according to established procedures.?
- Surface cleans various types of furniture, equipment, surfaces and objects according to established procedures in both patient and non patient areas.
- Receives, inspects, sorts, folds, stores linens according to established procedures. Assists in inventories and helps with daily allocations of linens to all areas following established procedures.
- Performs various linen runs to distribute or collect linens, prepares linen carts for deliveries in-house and off-site according to established procedures.
- Launders linens assigned to be processed in-house according to established procedures.
- Utilizes supplies and equipment in a safe, cost-effective manner and according to established procedures.
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the behavioral expectations, customer service goals and objectives of the department and facility. To include positive interaction with all patients, visitors and fellow employees.
- Participates in in-service programs, seminars and continuing education.
- Responsible for following procedures and all safety practices to include wearing proper PPE’s as needed. Responsible for department’s part in various Codes.
- Responsible for filling out various forms neatly and correctly either on paper or via computer. Responsible for using an in-house communication phone.
- Notifies Environmental Services Supervisor[s] and/or Manager of information related to the job, area or facility.
- Performs all other related duties as requested or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) DESIRED.
- Skills: Must be able to follow simple instructions, read, and communicate routine information. Must be able to work reliably from written instructions and verbal directives. Must be able to work within a healthcare setting. Ability to use good judgment and independent thought by discerning, comparing, and reasoning. Conclude from facts and premises. Ability to organize duties and adapt to change. Ability to plan work in an orderly arrangement to achieve a positive productive end. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to get along with co-workers and to interact in a positive manner. Ability to use one’s knowledge effectively and readily in execution of performance. Good listening skills, hearing with thoughtful attention. Take responsibility for personal conduct, obligations, and accountability. Is observant to the cleaning and repair needs of hospital surroundings. Has general knowledge of computer software programs to enter work repair orders, access educational programs, e-mails, and personal job info. Has the ability to operate hospital vehicles traveling to and from other facility owned properties. (Valid Ohio Drivers License)
Business Name: Clinton Memorial Hospital
Business Address: 610 W. Main St. Wilmington, OH 45177
Contact Name: Deronda Kite
Contact Phone: 937-382-9265
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org