Job Title: Assembler I
Job Description: Assembler I is responsible for fabricating component parts or assembling the finished product according to the customer specifications. Works under immediate supervision; relies on specific direction and instructions.
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required for the operation.
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed instructions and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label, and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure they are compliant with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required
- No minimum experience is required; however, 6 months of manufacturing and assembling experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate dangerous/heavy equipment
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions • Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to complete production reporting
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to learn/understand cuts and yields
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance to the equipment • Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Business Name: UFP Industries, Inc
Business Address: 940 E. Cherry Street, Blanchester
Contact Name: Stephanie Terry - HR Administrator
Contact Phone: 937-783-2443 ;1019
Contact Email: Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Type: Full TimeCLICK HERE to learn more about the position